This is your complete, independent guide to planning a vacation to Belize, moving here, living the storied expat life in the Caribbean, doing business or just researching and getting answers to questions on almost anything you may want to know about this jewel of a country.
Belize is a democratic, English and Spanish speaking nation, once known as British Honduras. The weather is mild, the beaches are spectacular, the history is rich, and yes, it is a land of swaying palm trees and colorful sunsets.
The country has been selected by international publications such as U.S. News and World Report, AARP and the Boston Herald as a top retirement location.
This is an absolutely fascinating country located in Central America, the only English and Spanish speaking nation immediately south of Mexico with which it shares a land border. Funding for acquiring property is not difficult. The Belize Development Finance Corporation, Scotia Bank and the Belize Bank are ready to provide financing for property in Belize and real estate outside of Belize.
While some of the articles on Belize appearing in foreign publications are considered by experts as little more than fluff tourism-board-type advertorials, here you will find the straight dope on Belize. With careful planning and foresight, this little country can be a good place to vacation and retire to.
This is your independent guide to planning a vacation to Belize, relocating here, living the storied expat life in the Caribbean, doing business, or just researching and getting answers to questions on almost anything you may want to know about this jewel of a country.
Annotated Index Of About Belize Articles
1. How To Live, Work or Retire In Belize – a starter guide for those looking to relocate to Belize.
2. Top Ten Reasons To Retire In Belize – selected by expats living here, the best reasons why you may want to retire in Belize.
3. How To Live Work Or Retire To A Tropical Paradise eBook – A complete guide in instant download format for those wanting the no-nonsense inside scoop on how to move to and live in Belize.
4. Belize Fact Sheet – good starting point. We summarize as much general information as possible for the first time visitor.
5. Belize Country Profile – A detailed profile of Belize with statistics, form of government, media, economy, private sector and tourism.
6. Maya Civilization – one of the main attractions of Belize are is its Maya Ruins. We look at the history of our Maya Civilization.
7. How To Buy Belize Real Estate – an impartial guide to the ins and outs of acquiring property in Belize, real estate mortgage options and what to look out for.
8. Demographics Of Belize – Tables and lots of data for the student and researcher. Includes labor and immigrant statistics.
9. Belize Flag and National Symbols – complete information on the history of Belize’s Flag and National Symbols.
10. The Great Blue Hole – the largest natural formation of its kind in the world and a major attraction for SCUBA divers and safe snorkeling.
11. Belize Currency – Belize dollar exchange rate and very important information on currency control laws for visitors.
12. Belizean Cuisine – Latin American, Mexican, Caribbean, North American and other influences on the local culinary experience.
13. Belize Gross Domestic Product Infographic: